Volkswagen Jetta vs. Kia Forte: Which Sedan Is Right for You?
There are plenty of stylish sedans on the market today, each boasting unique benefits worth careful consideration when choosing your next vehicle. Both the Volkswagen Jetta and Kia Forte are popular picks among locals, leaving many shoppers wondering which model is best.
Here at Low Country Volkswagen, you’ll not only find a great selection of VW used cars but plenty of options from other top car brands. Read on for a comprehensive comparison, then stop by your local new and used VW dealership for a test drive!
Brief Overview of Sedans as a Popular Car Category
Despite the prevalence of hatchbacks and SUVs, sedans continue to rank high on car buyers lists. Known for fuel efficiency, responsive handling, and their suite of safety features, sedans remain a great choice.
Their low center of gravity and advanced stability-control systems reduce the risk of rollovers, compared to higher riding vehicles. Plus, their lighter weight allows you to stop more quickly to prevent an accident. This also boosts fuel economy – while decreasing your environmental impact. A win-win!
The 2023 Volkswagen Jetta
The long-loved Jetta is a staple in the Volkswagen sedan line-up, evolving to ensure each model year is more stylish than the last. The sleek silhouette features clean lines and accent lighting, so turning heads is inevitable! Sport bumpers and 17-inch alloy wheels complete the look, highlighted by these features:
- Refreshed front grille
- Wrap-around LED signature lights
- Lower air intake and fascia
- Chrome accents
- Panoramic glass sunroof
This newly refreshed, always reliable Volkswagen model features a tech-equipped cabin more akin to a cockpit. Experience the road ahead like never before with these innovative features, designed with your comfort in mind!
- Heated front seats
- Climatronic® dual-zone automatic climate control
- Leather-wrapped, heated multi-function steering wheel
- 10 color interior ambient lighting
- 8-inch Volkswagen Digital Cockpit (10.25-inch available)
- Cloth, V-Tex leatherette, or leather seating surfaces
- 6.5-inch infotainment touchscreen
- Bluetooth® audio streaming
- Convenient wireless App-Connect
- Keyless access with push-button start
- Remote engine start
- BeatsAudio® sound system
The fun-to-drive Volkswagen Jetta is carefully crafted for the road ahead – no matter what lies around the next curve! Enjoy zippy acceleration courtesy of the 1.5-liter turbocharged direct-injection TSI® engine, generating 158 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque. Drivers can choose between a six-speed manual transmission and eight-speed automatic transmission. Because the top-quality Jetta is built to retain its value over time, even used Volkswagen sedans are a great investment!
Proof of Volkswagen’s commitment to driver safety, the Volkswagen Jetta earns top reliability scores, equipped with these driver assistance features:
- Rear view camera system to add confidence when backing up
- Safety cage with front and rear crumple zones
- Intelligent crash response system that deploys airbags, turns off the fuel pump, unlocks doors, and activates the hazard lights
- Automatic Post Collision Braking System to slow your VW post-collision
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System to maintain proper air pressure
- Six stability-enhancing systems to ensure a smooth, steady drive
The Kia Forte
The Kia Forte’s bold design is both functional and fashionable, with an eye-catching grille and LED headlights that make a statement upon arrival. Roll up on 16-inch, 17-inch, or 18-inch wheels – the perfect complement to the Forte’s sporty body design!
Inside the comfortable cabin, you’ll find the following:
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with 2-way power lumbar support
- Split-folding rear seat
- Harman Kardon® Premium Audio system
Plus, the Kia Forte beats the Corolla, Sentra, and Mazda3 with impressive cargo space – 111 cubic feet with rear seats folded! When seats are in use, passengers will enjoy ample leg- and headroom.
Kia Connect maintains a link between you and your Forte, even when you’re not behind the wheel. Connect remotely through the Kia Access app or the Owner’s Portal, no matter where you roam! The available Voice-Command Navigation system displayed on the 10.25-inch touchscreen helps you reach your destination in style, with these features turning every drive into a dream!
- Wireless Apple CarPlay® and Wireless Android Auto™
- Hands-free with voice control
- Center-console wireless charging pad
- Smart Trunk™ feature
- Smart Key with Push Button Start and Remote Start capabilities
Test Drive the Volkswagen Jetta Today!
Looking for a new or used Volkswagen for sale near you? Our lot is stocked with all your favorite sedan models, including the new Volkswagen Jetta, Volkswagen Tiguan, Volkswagen Passat, Volkswagen Golf, and more!
Or cruise home in a high-quality, low-cost pre-owned VW for sale – right here at a used Volkswagen dealership near you!